MAKO 2018 & RC5HL Lite Combo Deal
Save $$ by buying a MAKO 2018 and RC5HL Lite in combination. Upgrade your 27 mHz RX18 Heng Long tanks to proper 2.4gHz Hobby Radio grade and throw in Tamiya IR compatibility to boot for less than $50..
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
- Better support for Taigen MFUs inc. V2 which features a modified IR code
- Experimental microswitch replacement connector
- Experimental gun motor return trigger input
So if you are looking for an economical and simple way to make your Heng Long Tank compatible with the Tamiya battle system then look no further.
If you are new to MAKO, this system has been around for many years now where it has been consistently updated and improved. MAKO is without a doubt is the most flexible and feature packed IR battle system on the market. MAKO has so many features that it is often confused for being a full tank control unit. MAKO is an IR interpreter that senses IR signals from the various R/C Tank battle systems and converts them into a signal that the attached MFU can "understand". Similarly, MAKO transmits the IR signals of the most common R/C Tank battle systems. This is the functional core of MAKO. In addition to this MAKO provides for the setting of a number of different weight classes and operational modes. The number of operational modes is dependant on the the main tank control system being used. The highest number of modes is reached using RCTA's Asp. Additionally, MAKO provides support for a recoil servo, relays and can display battle information on a Manta/LCD.
MAKO2018 is designed to be used with Heng Long and Taigen RX-18 style tank control units BOTH 27 mHz AND 2.4 gHz operation. However the design is such that with custom firmware MAKO can be used with ALL tank control units.
- Ir battle compatibility with all Tamiya based systems, PLUS Heng Long and Taigen tanks
- Includes 2-shot kill Tamiya code capabilities
- Multiple weight class/mode selection
- Friend or foe recognition (essential for team battles)
- Realistic magazine option
- Main cannon Xenon flash or LED support (1)
- Recoil Servo support (2)
- Manta LCD display (3)
- Additional signal out (4) can be used to stop track recoil*
- Programming & testing using a SONY TV remote
- Firmware update port
- Heng Long/Taigen and Tamiya/RCTA battle unit outputs
* NOTE Output 4 can be used to trigger relay/s to cut the automatic track recoil and other automatic track movements (hit shakes & death spasm). The IR hit shakes and death spasm can always be cut out. However, the effectiveness of removing the track recoil will depend on the version of MFU and installation method. Older style 27mHz MFU can be installed using the simple/original install method, whereby the supplied 5 way cable connects MAKO to the IR port. The newer 2.4gHz units are best connected using the "advanced" installation method described here:
MAKO Advanced Install Method
There is a dedicated MAKO support sub forum on the main RCTA Forum
On this site you will find details for installation, connection to battle units (mushrooms), how to upgrade firmware and troubleshooting.
A return of another RCTA favourite. The RC5HL which converts true professional RC radio signals to the Heng Long format used by the RX-18 controller (27mHz ONLY).
Here is the RC5HL Lite. This unit runs the exact same firmware as our regular RC5HL. However, to make a low cost, simple to use unit that can be used as an interim or permanent 2.4gHz upgrade many of the technical features have been omitted. The RC5HL lite will provide the basic conversion of proper R/C radio protocol to the Heng Long format. There are no extra switching or LED functions as found on the full version. Further, the voltage regulator on the Lite can only supply enough current for the RC5HL and attached receiver. To operate servos you will need a separate $5 BEC from Hobby King or where ever.
The RC5HL comes with a cable for connection to your receiver.
To use the RC5HL a minumum of 5 R/C channels is required with a switch on CH5 (Gear switch) operating between neutral and 100%.
The RC5HL operates according to the standard order used by Tamiya (RTEA)
CH1 - RUD -Steering control
CH2 - THR - Motor control - forwards/backwards/acceleration
CH3 - ELE - Gun elevation with main canon fire at +100% and machine gun fire at -100%
CH4 - AIL - Turret rotation
CH5 - GEA - Ignition, toggle switch between neutral and +100% to turn on/off tank.
The input connector cable on the LITE has 7 inputs. Channels 6 & 7 ane NOT used and can be left unconnected.
The RC5HL support forum may be found here:
NOTE: This product ONLY works with the RX18 27mHz unit. There is no such available option for the newer Heng Long 2.4gHz units (and there will never be).
Please Note: Free shipping items are sent by International Letter Post. This is an extremely reliable service that RCTA has been using for years. Be aware that this service is not tracked. If you require a tracked service please purchase from the Postal Options category. All orders are photographed at time of postage along with the postal receipt. This image will be emailed to the customer within 24hrs of postage. If you do not receive such an email please check your Spam/Junk folders. Customs forms are typically written as "Circuit for R/C toy", marked as a "Gift" with a value of between $10 - $20 AUD.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 March, 2019.