FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
New Features for 2018:
- Better support for Taigen MFUs inc. V2 which features a modified IR code
- Experimental microswitch replacement connector
- Experimental gun motor return trigger input
So if you are looking for an economical and simple way to make your Heng Long or Taigen Tanks compatible with the Tamiya battle system then look no further.
If you are new to MAKO, this system has been around for many years now where it has been consistently updated and improved. MAKO is without a doubt is the most flexible and feature packed IR battle system on the market. MAKO has so many features that it is often confused for being a full tank control unit. MAKO is an IR interpreter that senses IR signals from the various R/C Tank battle systems and converts them into a signal that the attached MFU can "understand". Similarly, MAKO transmits the IR signals of the most common R/C Tank battle systems. This is the functional core of MAKO. In addition to this MAKO provides for the setting of a number of different weight classes and operational modes. The number of operational modes is dependant on the the main tank control system being used. The highest number of modes is reached using RCTA's Asp. Additionally, MAKO provides support for a recoil servo, relays and can display battle information on a Manta/LCD.
MAKO2018 is designed to be used with Heng Long and Taigen RX-18 style tank control units BOTH 27 mHz AND 2.4 gHz operation. However the design is such that with custom firmware MAKO can be used with ALL tank control units.
- Ir battle compatibility with all Tamiya based systems, PLUS Heng Long and Taigen tanks
- Includes 2-shot kill Tamiya code capabilities
- Multiple weight class/mode selection
- Friend or foe recognition (essential for team battles)
- Realistic magazine option
- Main cannon Xenon flash or LED support (1)
- Recoil Servo support (2)
- Manta LCD display (3)
- Additional signal out (4) can be used to stop track recoil*
- Programming & testing using a SONY TV remote
- Firmware update port
- Heng Long/Taigen and Tamiya/RCTA battle unit outputs
* NOTE Output 4 can be used to trigger relay/s to cut the automatic track recoil and other automatic track movements (hit shakes & death spasm). The IR hit shakes and death spasm can always be cut out. However, the effectiveness of removing the track recoil will depend on the version of MFU and installation method. Older style 27mHz MFU can be installed using the simple/original install method, whereby the supplied 5 way cable connects MAKO to the IR port. The newer 2.4gHz units are best connected using the "advanced" installation method described here:
MAKO Advanced Install Method
There is a dedicated MAKO support sub forum on the main RCTA Forum
On this site you will find details for installation, connection to battle units (mushrooms), how to upgrade firmware and troubleshooting.
Addtional MAKO2017 Demo videos are here:
Range Test (up to 25 metres in reliable range)
Track Recoil Blocking (a how to)
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 25 March, 2017.