having trouble with Mako and Taigen 2.4g MFU

chuckcrc
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

having trouble with Mako and Taigen 2.4g MFU

Post by chuckcrc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi - I followed the instructions for fitting the Mako 2017 to my Taigen Tiger but the anti track recoil with the relay is not very effective. I can see the sig pulse on the relay board as the led light but it is very brief and doesn't appear to be getting a long enough signal pulse. I assume the sig pulse is a positive pulse and I removed the jumper from the Mako board to set into Taigen mode.

I know there is a disclaimer about how effective the recoil blocking would be with the Taigen MFU but is there another way. I don't plan to use the recoil servo output on the MAKO could this be made to supply a pulse to the relay board via an interface of some sort.

I really want to stop the track recoil as I lent the tank to a mate and forgot to tell him to stop when firing but he drove flat out firing the gun as well -- so stripped out the gearboxes.

Thanks
chuck

phyrephish
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Re: having trouble with Mako and Taigen 2.4g MFU

Post by phyrephish » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 am

Sounds more like your MAKO2017 is resetting everytime you fire. You can check this if you have a BlueRing or have connected a LED to the L- and L+ output connection (JST PH 5 pin connector, L+ is bottom pin, L- is next pin up). Restting of MAKO can happen with the Taigen MFU depending upon your setup. To fix simply place a 1K resistor inline on the white signal wire of the MAKO2017 5 way cable.

white wire------/\/\/\1K resistor/\/\/\/---------white wire

There is no disclaimer on the effectiveness of the recoil block with the Taigen 2.4ghz MFU - only for the Heng Long 2.4gHz MFU. Unless Taigen have made a recent revision to their unit the recoil block should be perfect.

So to fix
1. Place a 1K resistor inline on white MAKO cable
2. Remove the HL/Taigen Jumper to set to Taigen
3. Connect up MAKO to Taigen MFU as normal
4. Connect relay board to Output 4 with the signal wire going to both your relay trigger inputs

cheers
p-fish
ImageImageImageImage

chuckcrc
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Re: having trouble with Mako and Taigen 2.4g MFU

Post by chuckcrc » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi p-fish
thanks for your reply.
I did the mod as you described but it had no effect, track recoil is not blocked and when I fire the main gun the Blue ring on the IR applet flashes.

I did manage to stop the recoil by using the Flash Port to trigger the relay board-- which was in the normally operated mode when connected and is de-activated when the gun fires/flash happens. I just connected the motor wires to the Norm open contacts.
This didn't stop the tank jerks when IR hits are detected. I was thinking of wiring another relay board to the port 4 to stop the IR hit jerks but not sure if that would work if the Mako unit is resetting.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
ps- I have tried another Mako board and same thing.

cheers
chuck