Tiger "5" of 3rd Company, Panzer Abteilung 506, Ukraine '43

phyrephish
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Tiger "5" of 3rd Company, Panzer Abteilung 506, Ukraine '43

Post by phyrephish » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:47 pm

For probably 5 years I've been building Tiger "5" of 3rd Company, Panzer Abteilung 506, Ukraine '43. Finally with some spare time waiting to get the capital for Asp 2 I've decided to hit this project hard.

Part of the reason I chose this tank was the ability to print the decals required. In winter camo there is no need to worry about printing white so printing the 506 insignia was easy and the nice large 5 made it easy to go either decal or painting. Also making this a nice easy tank to do is the lack of zim. With time at a absolute minimum I find myself having far less time to do all of the detail I want. (Plus all the bad tank drivers at my local club keep smacking into me and knockin parts off :) )

Of course this tank will be fitted with an Asp and as many of the new features I can cram into there.

For now here are the turret decals applied

Printing light colours decals on your inkjet and then applying the decals to a dark tank is always a bit hit or miss. To make it a certain hit I stenciled the number 5 in white.

I then applied the decal over the white painted stencil.

PART 2
Probably one reason why it takes me so damn long to do anything is all the overthinking. I figure that to do a white wash you first need to have the tank as it was before the whitewash. This means the tank get 2 paintjobs. So the whole tank received a dunkelgelb job which seems a shame to now have to cover up in white.

ImageImageImageImage

phyrephish
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Re: Tiger "5" of 3rd Company, Panzer Abteilung 506, Ukraine '43

Post by phyrephish » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Number 5 has been whitewashed. Still more weathering of tracks and wheels to come.... And the all important final blend & dull coat.

ImageImageImageImage