Description of your first forum.
Tigerman505
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post by Tigerman505 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:12 am

Hi Everyone,
Been following RCTanksAustralia on FB for a while now, as I own a few tanks, so I thought it was time to join the forum.
I have the following models.
Tamiya King Tiger Henschel turret (RC) Straight kit build 505 heavy tank battalion livery ( my first large scale tank)
Tamiya King Tiger Porsche turret (Static) Straight kit build
Heng Long P3
Heng Long Snow Leopard (Pershing)
Bandai 1/15 Hummel (Static, though motorised)

I tend to build straight out of the box models.

I'm a huge fan of the P3 and I love my little Heng Long one, though I'd like to make it much more accurate, and realistic in operation.
So I've decided to bite the bullet and turn it into something more special, a late L or early M series (with correct exhaust).
I already have some basic lower hull mods worked out, including the switches, battery box, removal of lower hull escape hatch moldings etc.
As for the running gear, I'd like to acquire winter tracks if anyone makes them, and more scale like shocks, and eventually better drive sprockets and road wheels.
Upper hull mods will basically be a more realistic look, skirts, additional armour plating where necessary, field customised stowage from reference photos.
Turret mods will include smoke dischargers, possibly turret skirting, and finally a nice paint job for the tank of Oberst Lorenz of Gross-Deutschland.

Cheers
Paul