Wish list for the ASP 3

Peregrine
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Re: Wish list for the ASP 3

Post by Peregrine » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:43 pm

I haven't had time to buy a new wick yet, looking for kevlar or fiberglass, so once I get it I'll test the SS. But Kevin, can you update the programming so smoker can be turned on/off from all 4 startup modes instead of just the 2?

Peregrine
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post by Peregrine » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi Kevin,
I got the replacement wick. It's Kevlar and a little thicker than the original. I wasn't getting any smoke, so I started doing tests, I disconnected the fan. With the heater connected to battery, I get smoke, not too much, just fine. But when connected to SS, I get no smoke at all. And then I noticed that when in idle, the heater only gets about 4V, so not enough to warm up to produce any smoke.
Can you change setting in SS (just for me I guess) to leave constant batt voltage on regardless on speed? At 4v the resistor is not hot enough to produce any smoke whatsoever. And even at batt voltage it takes some time to start producing it. With the way your fan always works, I see no risk in overheating the resistor. TARR smoker resistor is huge. Twice the size of the HL.

Rad_Schuhart
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post by Rad_Schuhart » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:54 am

Hi Kevin, a small and easy request. Sound wise ASP 2/3 has all my wishes and more covered except one little thing, could yo add a second idle sound? It would be nice to have two motor idle sounds (randomly selected) You know I have one idle sound that almost dies, and Id like to add another one that stays still.